HEUFT eXaminer II XBL
Simply covering more: pulsed radiometric top-down inspection for larger products and packaging.
The HEUFT eXaminer II XBL achieves simply more coverage during the careful and precise top-down inspection at the end of the line with perfected X-ray flash technology and an extra large full-field image converter. It also examines oversized products and packaging such as whole frozen pizza boxes and even complete trays completely without gaps and without blind spots in order to identify foreign objects, defects and incompleteness reliably.
Foreign object detection
Identifying contaminants everywhere: full coverage with pulsed X-rays.
Glass splinters, steel fragments and hard plastic particles: food and packaging contaminated with such high density foreign objects carry a high risk of injury for the end consumer and cause recall actions which are not good for the image of the brand. A careful and precise top-down inspection is required which covers every single product without gaps in order to identify them reliably in oversized food products, primary, secondary and tertiary packaging before this can happen. The HEUFT eXaminer II XBL is the first choice for this with an extra wide conveyor, further developed pulsed X-rays and extensive full-field image converters. For example it examines the entire surface of bulky frozen pizza boxes or even complete yoghurt trays without "blind spots".
For this up to three top-down X-ray strobes with new lifetime optimised high-voltage components and generators produce X-ray flashes lasting a millisecond which even penetrate oversized products completely and strike an innovative full surface image converter. The resulting high-resolution images each show the complete product. They remain free of motion blurs and blurred and distorted edge areas even at high or fluctuating conveyor speeds – in contrast to conventional X-ray scanners. The HEUFT reflexx A.I real-time image processing divides the objects which are clearly identifiable on it into different contrast categories so that the metal particle in the muesli product can be safely differentiated from the nut, the plastic ball in the fruit puree pot reliably from the air bubble and the glass splinter on the frozen pizza clearly from the ham cube and only really contaminated products are automatically removed.
Product and packaging inspection
Exposing incompleteness and defects: a gapless complete inspection
Damaged, incomplete and incorrectly filled: such products and packaging are also identified by the full coverage pulsed X-ray inspection with the HEUFT eXaminer II XBL regardless of their position. The full surface image converters provide an extensive sensitive detection surface for clear, gapless, undistorted and error-free X-ray images of the entire product. The frozen pizza which is damaged or inadvertently has no topping is therefore identified just as reliably as the empty thermoform packaging or the outer packaging which is not completely filled with primary containers. The HEUFT reflexx A.I reliably distinguishes harmless product inhomogeneities and packaging structures from real faults and defects in the course of this. Only one instead of several different programs is required for the different recipes of a product. This really eases the burden for the QA department regarding validation.
Preventing recalls: safe removal of non-marketable products.
Fast, careful and accurate: there is a choice of different case rejectors in the HEUFT case rejector series available in order to be able to remove solid food or filled primary, secondary or even tertiary packaging which are not marketable and particularly large in size consistently from the production flow. The compact HEUFT xtray is integrated as standard in the top-down inspector for oversized products.
Product monitoring and self-tests
Playing it safe: exact product tracking and regular self-tests.
Always knowing the current location of a particular product: each one is tracked precisely for this. This ensures that none remain uninspected.
The integrated reject verification checks that each product identified as faulty is really removed. Standard test programs guarantee a regular examination of the detection performance. Network-based continuous documenting and long-term archiving of the results.
Easy brand changes
Changing automatically: servo-controlled adjustment of the conveyor belt.
Reliable, uncomplicated and fast: the HEUFT eXaminer II XBL carries out brand and program changes effectively, quickly and without the need for manual mechanical intervention on the part of the user. The height and position of the X-ray detections adapt fully automatically to the changed product / packaging format. Subsequent recalibration of the X-ray components is also not necessary so that long downtimes cannot slow down the efficiency and productivity of the complete food line. The fully automatic, brand-dependent alignment of the X-ray generators and receivers achieves optimal illumination of the edge areas compared to conventional devices so that the sensitivity is not reduced there either.
Optional additional functions
More possibilities: extensions to the range of functions.
The HEUFT SPECTRUM II systems with their modular design can be expanded at any time. Thus the optional multiple flash option carries out a complete top-down inspection of particularly long products. Up to three X-ray strobes available exclusively from HEUFT can be integrated into the HEUFT eXaminer II XBL depending on the application / product or packaging width. The separation of the control unit and the safely encased X-ray detection at the conveyor provides full flexibility for different installation positions when integrating the turnkey solution at the end of the food line.
HEUFT SPECTRUM II
Simply automating: universal device platform for maximum performance.
Highly automated, universal and powerful: the HEUFT SPECTRUM II ensures optimum detection and operational reliability during an in-line quality assurance for the sustainable safeguarding of product quality and line efficiency.
The cross-system control unit with multiprocessing capability for different modules, systems and applications convinces due to its exceptional degree of automation. Brand and format changes can be carried out without manual intervention. The unique human machine interface of the universal device platform is self-explanatory. Human resources are effectively saved in this way. In-house developed hardware and software of the latest generation and a future-proof network connection achieve highest computing power and data transmission in real time. The result: maximum precision during purposeful product tracking, inspection and rejection.
HEUFT reflexx A.I.
Simply detecting more: real-time image processing with individual teaching in procedure.
Fast, high-resolution and smart: the new generation of in-house developed hardware and software for image processing provides four times the processor speed of its predecessor. It converts the images of the individual camera or X-ray units into high-resolution, noiseless detection pictures in real time.
At the same time the HEUFT reflexx A.I. not only carries out the specific detection of the most varied objects but also their individual classification using up to 50 different characteristics such as size or texture: uncritical characteristics can be quite simply taught in as good objects. The containers in question are therefore no longer rejected. Only that which really has to be removed is rejected. This reduces the false rejection rate and upholds the efficiency and productivity of the complete filling line.
Simply knowing what to do: self-explanatory audiovisual user guidance.
Intuitive, individual and audiovisual: previous knowledge is not required in order to operate the HEUFT SPECTRUM II systems reliably. The HEUFT NaVi user guidance is self-explanatory and supports the respective user step by step.
An RFID login with user-related access rights provides an overview and makes the respective user's work simply easy: he only sees what he really needs to on the clearly arranged touchscreen user interface with a flat menu structure, integrated tutorials and precise auxiliary tools in order to fulfil his specific tasks optimally. He is supported by a virtual assistant in the course of this. She speaks to him and clearly explains what has to be done when and where. Purposeful and focussed on the essentials – the audiovisual HEUFT NaVi user guidance makes the reliable operation of HEUFT systems simply easy!
Simply seeing where what has to be done: trouble-free localisation.
Clear, direct and purposeful: the user can cope immediately on the rare occasions when manual intervention is needed. Because eye-catching HEUFT checkPoints make it clear at a glance exactly when it is necessary to take matters in hand in addition to the audiovisual information which the HEUFT NaVi provides.
The orange tags not only flash on the touchscreen but also at the respective component if the worst comes to the worst. The problem is located without a long search. This saves time and human resources, shortens standstills and therefore increases productivity.
Networking everything: online connection for increased efficiency and quality.
Information transmission in real time, production data acquisition, line analysis and remote maintenance: networking is the answer!
HEUFT systems have future-proof network interfaces (Gigabit Ethernet and TCP / IP) for an online connection via the Internet and the database interface (SQL / DDE) for top line efficiency and an optimum quality management with considerably faster and easier workflows. Therefore production data, shift records, productivity faults and HACCP limit value analyses are available network-wide. The result: early identification of quality and efficiency problems. The firewall protected direct connection to the HEUFT TeleService makes competent remote maintenance possible all around the clock.
Cleaning quite simply: hygiene-optimised construction.
Accessible, clean and safe: its HEUFT CleanDesign predestines the system for use in hygienically sensitive areas.
Sloping surfaces facilitate cleaning and prevent the accumulation of stubborn dirt. Special channels and openings allow the liquids required for cleaning purposes to be drained off completely. Consequently dangerous germs and bacteria have no contact surface whatsoever. Specially constructed casings and doors create optimum accessibility. The electronics are totally encapsulated. Sensitive areas such as the inspection units are dust-proof and protected against contact as well as water jets.
Removing faulty cases
The right rejector for all cases.
Discharging, rejecting and distributing: HEUFT rejection systems for packaging remove faulty crates, cardboard boxes, trays or shrink wrap packages reliably from the production flow. They achieve maximum performance optimally matched to their respective task with regard to precision and carefulness.
- The HEUFT xcase guarantees brand purity in the bottling hall. Its load-dependent control system which adapts the force of the rejection impact to the weight of each individual case removes non-brand and faulty bottle crates smoothly from the filling line. Crates of varying weights are therefore each rejected an equal distance.
- The HEUFT xtray removes damaged or faulty trays with full containers from the line. For this three rejection fingers which are on a sledge installed under the roller conveyor are extended. Trays can also be distributed onto several lanes if several of these intelligent case rejectors are lined up next to each other.
- The HEUFT maxi-flip rejects empty, half-full or completely full cases each an equal distance onto parallel conveyor chains. Its rejection segment is activated for a longer time in the case of heavy crates or cardboard boxes than for lighter ones. A complex mechanical changeover for different types of cases is not necessary.
- The HEUFT maxi-laner is a space-saving alternative to the HEUFT maxi-flip. The compact system which is installed directly above the conveyor is also impressive with a load-dependent control system. It always rejects crates of different masses and varying weights equally. Distributing the cases onto three lanes is also possible with the HEUFT maxi-laner.
The HEUFT xtray specially for rejecting trays and other large packs is directly integrated into the HEUFT eXaminer II XBL.
- especially for a complete top-down X-ray inspection of solid food products and primary, secondary and tertiary packaging of larger format
- vastly sensitive detection surface due to unique combination of optimised pulsed X-ray technology and innovative full-field image converters
- X-ray flashes lasting a millisecond instead of permanent X-ray scanner
- clear, full-coverage X-ray images without motion blurs, distortions and image defects
- reliable detection of dangerous foreign objects such as glass, metal or plastic, incompletely packaged or defective products with minimum radiation
- special arrangement of the generators for full sensitivity even in the edge areas
- independent of product's own signal and metal packaging components
- only one program for different product recipes
- no X-ray activity whatsoever in the event of gaps in the production flow or line stoppages for optimum protection of the user and the product – line clearing not required
- optional multiple flash option for the continuous inspection of longer products
- lifetime optimised, safely encased high-voltage components and X-ray flash generators for simplified certification and maintenance
- HEUFT reflexx A.I image processing to divide the identified objects into different contrast categories for a clear differentiation between supposed and real faults and the lowest possible rejection rate
- highly automated HEUFT SPECTRUM II platform with self-explanatory HEUFT NaVi user guidance
- up to 4,800 products per minute
- automatic brand and program changes and extensive self-diagnosis, monitoring and documenting functions
- efficient consumer protection and effective recall prevention